Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Arundathi Roy buys Kochi IPL!

Amidst all the controversy, Arundathi Roy has announced to everyone's surprise that she has plans to buy stakes in the Kochi IPL franchisee. The new ownership confusion could further delay Kochi's inclusion in the League. However Arundathi doesn't seem deterred by this and insists that it would actually go well with her plan. "The more the confusion, the more the delay, the more the publicity the franchisee gets. Everyday there would be reporters and cameras and I would get more publicity.", she replies, with an almost orgasmic pleasure.

Mrs. Roy also said her team would be different from other teams in all aspects, and hence the public would root for her team. "To start with, our players won't be using conventional bats. The bats are made out of wood. If the wood is cut down, then the tribal folks in the forests won't have fresh air to breathe. Hence our players would be using bats made out of environment-friendly cotton."

"Even during drinks break, my players won't be consuming any refreshments. Since I go on a Narmada-Bachao Andolan fasting whenever there are cameras, I expect my players to join hands with me. And oh, did I tell you about my team's cheerleaders? Well, for every boundary hit or wicket gone, 4 people will climb the cheerleader stage and shout anti-India slogans and raise their fists. The most photogenic faces will be part of my next strike against any development that contributes to India's growth."

And just before the press-persons were about to leave, Arundathi Roy revealed another shocker. "In all the matches, I'll be seen on TV hugging or putting my hands around Geelani." Seeing the puzzled looks, she explained. "Well Preity is always seen with Yuvraj Singh. Shilpa is always seen with Raj Kundra. And then there's Deepika for Sid Mallya. So....."

One last question. Who would be the captain of your team? "On keeping with my tradition of supporting ideas that are largely unpopular with the common man, I appoint Ravindra Jadeja as the captain of my team."

3 comments: